Sorry, folks. The power went out last night.
Our friend with the large (and now somewhat flat) head is doing well. He's in some sort of body armor ('canned tuna,' Will said), and is scheduled to go for a walk this morning.
He's doing a thick liquid diet, and figuring out how to eat without moving his neck.
He's apparently already scheduled for facial reconstruction surgery Friday in Iowa City. I'm not sure how he gets from Madison to IC, but I've taken the top off the Subaru, so I'm ready to help out...
It sounds like everybody is already chomping at the bit to get out of the hospital.
Love to you all,
Kevin
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Wednesday update
Posted by
Kevin
at
6:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for the update. I was wondering about the trip home myself. Seems to me a long road trip would be a challenge at best. I'm also wondering if he got to cross a helicopter ride off his bucket list?
I just came from a brief visit at the hospital, and as I told Sam, he looked much better than I thought he would. He and Robyn were taking a brief walk when I arrived, and although he was pretty tired, he relayed that he felt fortunate to be able to move his toes. He has some pretty awesome coloring around his eyes,but other than that, or maybe because of that :) he looks pretty good. I think he said he might be getting out today. He indicated he has an appt for a consult in Iowa City on Friday. Hopefully he will be able to fit the plant and flowers from the Crawley girls in the car for the trip home. If not, the UW folks can find them a good home.
I just wandered over here and found these comments. Y'all are nice. I'm sitting at home today, continuing to heal. Concerns about infection are waning and I'm taking lots of naps and feeling restless.
Post a Comment