Saturday, October 25, 2008

Spooky Suburbia

Kevin called last night on his way to St. Louis to see Yvonne, wanting to check in.  I'm fine.  We're fine.


Robyn is stiff and sore, but walking well and definitely healing.  Caitlin is healthy and active again, and felt better just in time to act in the play at school (she missed a bunch of practice).  Walker stepped up and helped out with keeping us going.  Donna and Sharon brought food (!). Tye supervised and occasionally checked our crotches with this long nose.  It all worked.   We is family.

I can't recall whether Walker took this picture or I did but I like its surreal quality.  Surrealism is hard to achieve in a vinyl neighborhood.

I would like it very much if each of you would take a moment and check in as well.  Nancy's chicken coop has set the bar.  I volunteer my spooky moon and a big "all's well!" from our house.

How's college?  How's being a Democrat with two weeks left?  How's not being a Democrat (if this applies)?  How's having a girlfriend?  She has really nice bumper stickers.  Drives a Honda.  Masters in Linguistics.  What's up with him?   If I went into online dating I'd end up wiht a psychopath.  Kevin finds the other well adjusted person in a pool of dysfunction.

Kind of makes you think again about the idea of a Higher Power.

Nah.

S.

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Being a Democrat in college goes back and forth between keeping my sanity and robbing me of it.

I have really devoted myself to this campaign, and have made some friends along the way. But moreover, I feel that I feel good because I'm doing something bigger than me.

I find myself to be a bit impatient- demanding comfort and friends at school, wanting to have everything figured out yesterday. I am sure everything will settle eventually, but until that time, I worry a lot. I am a bit sick of my major at the moment. Because since starting school, my life has become about more than just my music. I'm trying to serve others more than simply serving myself. And being a music major feels self-centered.
But I've put too much time and effort into my art than to just drop it, so for now, I'm keeping it.
So, I guess I'm trying to hang in there and figure out exactly what will make my adjustment easiest.
So that's an update on me. I wish I had cool bumper stickers.

:) Lauren