Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Birthday Reflections


I'm a little late, but I feel like I need to do a thanks giving post.

Last year, of course, Thanksgiving was not a good holiday. I was basically waiting for surgeons to get back from their holidays to give dp some relief from the Horrible Awful Vertigo. I don't remember taking any time to be thankful for anything.

This year, I have much to be thankful for. I guess I've always felt blessed to belong to the particular family I do, but while this past year has seen us all battered and bruised, the love and support never waned.

I've got more and better friends than I deserve, and they too showed time and time again that they were there for me when the chips were down.

I feel a lot older than I did a year ago, maybe not much smarter, but probably a bit wiser. I've dealt with some serious challenges, but always with the very real and very helpful certainty that I was loved and accepted, at least by some people.

If you're reading this, you're one of the people for whom I am thankful.

My Turkey Day this year was much more normal. We went up to Colleen and Doug's place in Stoughton, and I introduced Yvonne to just about the whole famn damily. Twenty-five the first day, six more the next, with only four more to go. We ate, we partied, we bowled, and we ate some more. Nobody got to spend a lot of time together, but the early returns seem to be that everyone thinks everyone was very nice. We spent the weekend recuperating in da Woods. All in all, a very fine holiday.

Okay, birthday's over. Everybody back on your heads.

3 comments:

nancyturtle said...

OK Clan, I want to see pictures!

Lauren said...

I know for a fact that SOMEONE has a particularly great picture of Katie, Grandma and Robin dancing at the bowling alley...

Cranium Man said...

I should have gotten a shot of dessicated wild turkey. Man, I usually carry that camera everywhere.