Housekeeping:
1. Happy Birthday Nancy! I don't expect anyone to completely fulfil the dp date reminder role. We were all busy doing other things and did not learn this skill, or at least I didn't. Carry on and we'll wish anyone a happy anything whenever we remember.
2. My blog instructions these days are in Spanish. I can mangle the language well enough that I'm not paralyzed, but I also don't recall doing anything to make this happen, so if you know where the language toggle is, please let me "apprender."
Robyn's Aunt Pauline and Uncle Jack bought this 1964 Mercury Montclair new. They always called it "the Merc." J.D., the most doting nephew, got it when Pauline passed away at past 90. She was fond of suggesting people "kiss my rosy red you-know-what." A good, strong, enduring character of great worth. J.D. fixed it up some and has left it at LeRoy's (his Dad's) next to the old Dodge truck LeRoy brought back from Nebraska because he couldn't bear to let it go. He'd always loved that truck. There they sit, out on LeRoy's property, tribute to automotive sentimentality (with which I totally sympathize).
As you may know already, I have found that taking my camera and ducking out of the house is a great way to absent myself from holiday banality, and this Thanksgiving was no exception. Yesterday I did some fussing and editing and discovered that I have some cool automotive concoctions here. So here you go, on this morning in Iowa, 8 degrees below zero, with a wind chill colder than Sarah Palin's heart.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Crazy 'bout my Mercury
Posted by
Cranium Man
at
5:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Happy Winter Holiday!
OK, my solstice gift to the girls was pretty much under appreciated. I guess it doesn't mean as much if it doesn't come in the mail from Iowa. I hope the Christmas lights are up at da woods!
This month has been too short to get all of the traditional things done, although I finished wrapping yesterday, which is a huge bonus. The last two hours of my day were spent discussing with a dad, who called me for the first time at noon, why I could not get him a visit with his kid tommorrow, I am not the judge, leave me alone, I want to go home to my functional family, was what I wanted to say. I also talked to a friend who spent Christmas Eve with really bad in-laws, and I mean manipulative and mean, not just goofy or weird. Yeah! I am so glad to have my family and friends. (adopted family counts too)
Love to you all,
Else babe
Post a Comment