Sunday, July 13, 2008

Safari in the woods





It was kind of tense at the perennial annual multiple birthday family cluster fest this morning.  JD brought April, the girl he reunited with in order to dump Lena, who came after Tina.  The story here is reunited young love after all these years of missed connections and longing.  The betting is on jumping into another relationship.

Turns out April lives with twelve cats.  JD used to make dead cat jokes.  I have not asked him how he feels about cats currently.

I went out into the woods on a safari once I got to Le Roy's house.  There is a nice oak woods between his place and the reservoir.

It was quiet in the woods.  There were fewer Republicans, and the small talk was much better.  I went for close ups of small things.



Little bugs and stuff.  On stuff.



Purple yarrow.



I don't know what these little ones are.



Or this, but I like it.



These little bastards have  been eating our cherries.  Cool looking, though.



What safari would be complete without a toe frog.  This one jumped right on without an invitation.



Pretty nice toes, too.  After a while I headed back toward the house and rested in the deck by the fish pond.  I had had some good personal space and enjoyed my new toy, as well as the fine day.  And I was only a little koi.



Sorry.

















1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love that new camera.