
I left DaWoods this afternoon for the drive back to New Mexico. The drive was uneventful and I even had good music on the radio most of the way. My planned stop at Emporia, Kansas was just the right distance and I arrived about 8 PM. My head was full of Dorothy and Toto jokes, so I turned on the TV just in time to seen the 1939 trailer for (what else) The Wizard of OZ. It wasn't even a local station!
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Yes, Toto, we are in Kansas
Posted by
nancyturtle
at
7:01 PM
Labels: Somewhere over the rainbow?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nancy- I am glad that the drive back was peaceful. I am so glad I was able to spend time with you and Dede and Bree this weekend. I think back to one of the number of times that Kevin said "Thanks for doing this." and he was met with a few seconds of silence. The regular responses of 'our pleasure' or 'not a problem' didn't fit. A simple 'you're welcome' worked. I can't even remember what I said. But we were all very glad we were able to help him through a tough job. I've said it before, just like Sam and the last push on the swing, but Diana was very blessed to have had so much love in her life.
Katie
Did you see the sign that says:
"Righteousness maketh a nation great, but sin is a cancer unto all people!"
It's a favorite of mine, outside of Emporia.
Katie, I wish the first day was the whole drive! I drove 7 hours yesterday and another 6 today before arriving home in a thunderstorm. But overall it was good, even if tiring. I was amazed at the lack of traffic everywhere.
Just before I left Kevin started to say thank you again and I just stopped him mid-sentence. Like you said I was glad to do it and it was part of my journey to closure as well.
Sam -I didn't see that particular sign, but I was very aware that I was driving through the heart of the Bible belt!
Post a Comment